EVOLUTION-3 takes High Resolution Ink Jet Printing to the next level. It features a 7 inch color touch screen controller combined with a complete software package and the ability to print up to one inch high alpha/numeric characters as well as barcodes and graphics up to two inches in height. It includes a variety of font styles and sizes which can be used in a total print area of 2 inches high by 24 inches in length.
A Complete System
EVOLUTION-3 is complete and ready to install right out of the box. The system includes a color touch screen controller with stylus for message entry, one printhead module with internal product sensor, power supply for up to four printheads, and the mounting bracketry.
Thermal Inkjet Technology by Hewlett Packard
Designed by Digital Design, the EVOLUTION 3 is powered with thermal ink jet technology (TIJ) by Hewlett Packard. This combination gives you the benefits of an affordable, compact, and efficient design coupled with the reliability of printhead technology by Hewlett Packard.
Optimum Print Resolution
EVOLUTION-3 delivers bold, highly legible and fully formed characters in a print resolution of 300 dpi at production line speed of up to 200 feet per minute.
Customized Print Area
Stitching four of the EVOLUTION-3 printheads gives you a total print area of 2” high by 24” long. Text, graphics and barcodes can be printed in any combination of font styles and character heights that are resident in the Evolution III controller. Positioning of the text or graphics is easily accomplished by touching the screen with the stylus and creating either a textbox or graphics area.
Built into the cartridge is a 42 cc ink supply. Once the ink in the cartridge is depleted, it can be taken out, disposed of and a new ink cartridge inserted in just minutes.
The EVOLUTION-3 is capable of controlling up to 8 printheads, with 4 on each side of the production line. The 4 printheads on the opposite of the line can only print the same message as those on the primary side. Each side of the production line will require a power supply and mounting bracket. One printhead module, mounting bracket and one power supply is included with the initial printer. Adding another printhead is as simple as sliding it on. You can attach up to three additional printheads on a single bracket by inserting the dovetail slide on one into the dovetail slot on the other. Once the printheads are attached to one another, the optional printhead alignment tool can be used to align the printheads for stitching applications. A small RS 485 data cable is then used to connect the modules. This allows the touch screen controller to network all of the printheads on the production line.
Font Styles Character Heights and Graphics
EVOLUTION-3 is supplied with four built in font styles. Optional alternative fonts are available and can be downloaded into the controller through flash card media. Logos are another option, and up to 6 can be stored in the controller. Logos can be printed up to 2” in height. There are 12 built in barcode symbologies included andcan be printed up to 2” high, The barcode software in the controller allows you to set the quiet zone, bar width, inter bar spacing, human readable information and more. Up to 3 different barcodes can be printed within the same message.
Complete Standard System Includes:
A 7 inch colour touch screen controller with stylus for message entry. One high resolution printhead module with power supply, Internal product sensor and complete mounting bracket for side-coding applications.
Standard Operating Features
- Alpha/Numeric character set plus special characters.
- Ability to control up to 8 printheads (4 on each side of production line. )
- Bracketry capable of mounting up to 4 printheads
- Print Resolution: 300dpi at 200 feet (61m) per minute
- Font Styles: Arial,Swiss, Tahoma and Outline
- Character Heights: 3/32” (2.4mm),1/8” (3.2mm), 7/32” (5.5mm), 1/2” (12.7mm), 5/8” (15.9mm), 1” (25.4mm)
- Message Area: 2” (50.8mm) high X 24” (609.6mm) long
- Message Storage: Up to 325 messages in Controller
- Message Backup via Data Flash Card
- Multiple font styles and character heights in message
- Programmable line speed
- Programmable print direction
- Programmable print delay
- Inter-character spacing
- Inverted printing
- Automatic message repeat
- Password protection
- Variable time formats
- Variable date formats
- Sequential numbering
- Shift coding
- Date offset
- Product counter
- Flash Card read/write ability in Controller for Message Backup, System Upgrades, downloads of optional fonts, logos and barcodes
- One Serial RS485 port and one Serial RS232port,for communications to support OEM’s and System Integrators
- USB Port
- Multiple language prompts: English, Spanish
- Cartridge volume: 42ml
- Porous Colors: Black, Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, UV Visible
- Semi-Porous Colors: Black, Blue, Red
- Low ink monitoring
- 110-240 VAC, 50-60Hz 1.7A
- 50F – 104F (10C – 40C) Up to 80% RH non-condensing
- Up to 200 feet (61m) per minute @ 300dpi
- Controller: 7.250” wide x 4.625” high x 1.312” deep
- Printhead module: 2” wide x 4” deep x 3” high
Standard Barcodes Included
- I 2 of 5
- Code 39
- 128 B
- 128 C
- EAN 8
- EAN 13
- GS 1B
- GS 1C
- ITF 14
- 2D Data Matrix
- Add-on High Resolution printhead modules
- Mounting Bracket for opposite side of production line
- Power Supply for opposite side of production line
- Spring loaded carton follower (for up to 2 printheads in anon-stitching mode)
- Top coding bracketry
- Floor stand (for up to 2 printheads in a non-stitching mode)
- External product sensor
- External encoder
- External low ink beacon
- Ethernet Communication for linking to a host computer
- 8MB Data Flash Card for Logos and Message Storage Backup
- Alternative fonts: Downloadable via custom programmed flash card media
- Logos: Ability to load up to 6 logos into the message Downloadable via flash card media. Logos must be made to specific height required
- Barcodes: Additional barcodes can be supplied as options
- Evolution III Logo Download package to transfer logos, from a PC to the controller or to a Data Flash Card
- EVOLUTION-NET software for PC control of network (not yet available)